What is the GreenON Rebate Program?
GreenON Rebates for Insulation and High-Performance Windows available
through the Green Ontario Fund cover $500/window and up to a total of $5,000
when upgrading to select high-performance windows. High-performance
windows are designed to reduce energy loss, condensation, and outdoor noise,
helping you lower your heating and cooling bills, as well as increasing your
property’s resale value.
Note: the rebate applies for each rough opening. This means that bay or bow
windows with more than one glass unit qualify for one rebate only.
Here’s what you need to know
In order to be eligible for GreenON Rebates, please be aware of the following
- Windows must be on ENERGY STAR®’s Most Efficient 2018 models list
which recognizes high-performance products, with a U-factor at or below 1.4
W/m 2 •K or 0.25 Btu/h•ft. 2 •°F and rated for Climate Zone 3.
- Installations must replace an existing window – including the window frames
as well as the sashes and glass units - also called “brick-to- brick” installation.
Windows that replace doors are not eligible.
- Bay or bow windows with more than one glass unit or other windows with
pillars (whether load bearing or not) qualify as one rough opening – and are
eligible for one rebate.
- Windows must be purchased from and installed by a Participating Contractor.
- You can receive $500 per eligible window, for up to ten windows. The
installed cost of each window (materials and labour) must exceed $500 to
receive a rebate.
How it Works
New Look Windows and Doors makes it very easy to get your new windows rebate!
- Work with us at New Look Windows and Doors to purchase and install Energy Star
- As a certified GreenON contractor, we will submit your rebate application on your behalf.
- When the work is done and the windows are installed, submit your proof of purchase and
you will receive your rebate cheque in the mail within approximately 8-12 weeks.
Schedule your Appointment Now!
Who is Eligible for this Rebate?
- You must be an Ontario resident.
- You must live in/own a detached home, semi, or townhome.
- If you rent, you must have the written permission of the owner/landlord.
- Increase your home’s resale value by upgrading to high-performance windows.
- Reduce your heating and cooling to increase your savings by up to 30%.